Mr. Wright and I assigned your first Google Classroom video assignment of the year today. It is due by midnight on Friday, September 28th. I’ve attached the instructions for logging into GC in this email, just in case you have not joined your appropriate class.
Tip: If you have a smartphone or a tablet, Google Classroom has an app! It is very simple to submit your video this way.
- Position yourself in front of your camera so that we can see your hand position and embouchure (for wind players, we need to be able to see that you are forming the correct shape with your mouth/lips on your instrument).
- You can introduce the video and make it personal.
- You may use a metronome (here is a free online metronome!) or use a handheld metronome on your music stand. This is recommended to keep a steady tempo. Playing your excerpt at a slower tempo with accuracy is preferred. We would rather you take it slow and perform the solo at a pace that is comfortable for you. We will often give you tempo guidelines- if you must modify your tempo, please write us a comment in the assignment before you hit “submit”.
- Take as many “takes” as you need to submit your best work to us.
- We are NOT taking away points if you make mistakes. We are grading you on effort, improvement from week to week, and a positive attitude. We do not expect you to submit perfect videos and recordings; we know that you are beginner and intermediate level players who still need to work on these skills! Just show us your best work and let us guide you with our comments.
Once per month, we will assign you a “wild card” assignment. This can be a song of your choice- and you can choose to perform it with props, costume, or even family members/pets! We want you to have fun while you’re practicing. You should be practicing your instrument daily. Set small goals for yourself, and base each practice session on those goals. You will get better every day if you do this, and you’ll feel great about how you sound!
Let’s “band together” and get this first assignment in on time!
Miss Lacasse & Mr. Wright